*************************************************************************** "Hmmm. Interesting." the surgeon said quietly accessing Luke's memory. It was an exciting life, one that they could use to their advantage well when the surgery was completed. He went through memory after memory. then paused at the ones he'd found of his tragic love affair with Callista. "A relationship? For a terrorist?No, we simply musn't have that here. Not at all. I'm afraid that memory will just have to go." Grinning wickedly,he removed and re-wrote all memories of the woman from the sleeping Jedi's mind. He would remember going on the Eye of Palpatine but not of meeting anyone there. Or the events in the week after. everything was changing for the heavily sedated jedi. " Now.young man. You are one of us ,You'll never have to worry about anything again." The doctor was about to probe deeper into luke's memory when he got a call.The procedure had to be stopped . Their new Recruit would be needed for training and it would be starting tomorrow. Growling ,the Doctor finished the procedure. Whatever damage he'd done was reasonably certain not to re-emerge. if anything did come back, it would be distorted or have gaps and pieces missing.Either way, his work was done. *************************************************************************** Chapter five Diallo watched the Young Jedi very carefully during the raids of the weapons. Jelani was now a completely devoted and dedicated servant to their cause. He'd killed five men and blown up the main headquarters without a hitch . This new recruit would serve him well. He'd also read the reports of the memories of his experience with their enemies The Red Liars. Or the New Republic. He had access to lots of technology and governments they could topple to make them even more powerful. if he could get Jelani inside he could access the way in for them and ambush the leaders without any problems. Now he knew exactly how. **************************************************************************** Mara jade finished her dance number she'd been performing for the last week during her stay in this cheap sleazy bar on the topside of the city in between where terrorists, spies and drug dealers hung out gossiped gambled and drank. Mara was not afraid of scenes like this. She'd survived far worse in the days of the Empires defeat and was quite capable of taking care of herself. Men often came up to her offering services to her but she never took them up. Anyone who tried to take advantage of her ended up dead. Twice she'd been put in the slimy jail cells but only to be bailed out within twenty-four hours. Now, as she climbed off the stage, dressed in combat ready casual clothes her eyes caught the sight of two terrorist soldiers making a deal across the room. Moving with sly grace she approached the table to the men who were talking and examining a gemstone. A gem she Immediately recognized! Hearing the conversation aiming towards making a sell of the Gem, Mara sprinted over to the table and slammed her hand down on the examiners hand causing him to yelp in pain.The two men looked up at the woman in surprise and shock at the tall domineering woman, then their eyes went from shock to wry amusement. "Where did you get that gemstone?!" Mara demanded, placing her hand on the examiners neck. The alien started to choke. "What is it to you honey.?" The first man asked, drawing a knife and advancing towards her. "That gem belongs to a friend of mine. I want you to tell me where he is. People say he's dead, but I have a feeling you know where he is."Mara's tone was cold and even. She was all business. "Forget it sweetheart. I don't have neither the time nor the information you want." He turned hack to his business dealer but before he knew it Mara Jades hand lashed out and blasted the dealer dead from a hidden wrist gun she kept carefully concealed.The blast sent the Gem flying across the room . "Hey wait! That's mine!"Girvyn cried angrily,making a dash for the shining Jewel Using the Force, Mara called the Gem right back into her hand. As she caught it, she activated her lightsaber and gave a warning slash to Girvyn Kolinka.Who immediatly drew his own gun, but Mara had already taken care of the weapon when she gave the warning slash. It took out the barrel of the gun. Dropping his weapon and backing away. Girvyn smiled sheepishly. 'Hey, uh,I was only teasing. If you just wanted my attention you could have just said something." "How very nice." Mara sneered. Keeping her blade aimed at Kolinka heart, and sitting both of them down. Mara turned off her sword and put her feet up on the table, grabbing the Dead dealers drink from he table and keeping her eyes on the man in front of her. "Now as I was saying..."She began, Mock-sweetly. **************************************************************************** ****** The little Ania Cafe, a fairly popular hang out spot, mostly for young people was now a target for a raid. Diallo told Jelani to go with a bunch of men to the hang out spot and to wait. They had a score to settle.. The runner of the Cafe, a sympathizer to the east side and the New republic, had a very large supply of weaponry stored in the lower sections of his building. With him out of the way,They would give their enemies a profound blow. They were low on their arsenal supply and since Akando had stolen the Gem and left the group for passage off world, they had to find another target. Diallo had been looking for ways to get back at the Red Liars for almost five years. Their world was denied seats on the provincial council and their pleas for medical supplies, food, technology and help were ignored. Now, while they were talking negotiations with their guards down, they would get the attention they deserved at last. As Jelani waited, his face pinched in resentment as he watched the small patrol. They were in for a surprise. A moment later, a large explosion rocked the street. Scattering debris, glass and several bodies through the air. Confused civilians ran about babbling, bleeding and screaming incoherently, distracting the guards. In that moment Jelani and his squad of fifteen men rushed in, screaming and firing their guns at the guards. Taking them out easily. People scattered in all directions, But several members of his team assaulted the men and viciously beat the women. Jelani, Intent on getting to the arsenal supply did not see them, but he did hear their screams. "Come on let's get inside here! Move it! move it! Move it!" Luke screamed to the men as they rushed into the cafe. Everything was black and the smell of smoke and burning flesh swept through the air. "Jelani! Take three men and keep your eyes open for the security patrols. As soon as you hear them start shooting!" "Understood!" he gestured to three men. "Come on !You're with me!" ******************************************************************************* To Be continued...