Alpha Delta Kappa
Texas Beta Lambda
1 cup shredded coconut 1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans 1/2 cup (1stick) butter, at room temperature
10 bite-size Almond Joy candy bars, chopped 2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the coconut and nuts and spread them evenly in the pan. Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box. Stir in the chopped candy bars. Pour the batter over the coconut and nuts. Combine the cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Randomly drop tablespoonfuls of this on top of the batter; do not spread them. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until sides of the cake pull away from the pan.
This cake is wonderful served warm or cool with a dollop of whipped cream.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CHUNKY COOKIES
What you'll need:
What to do:
1. Coarsely chop the DOVE? PROMISES? Milk Chocolate Miniatures and melt it either in a bowl on top of a double boiler or in the microwave for 1 to 1 + minutes.
2. Stir the chocolate until smooth. Add the sugar, butter, eggs and almond extract.
3. Stir in the flour and baking powder.
4. Add the chopped SNICKERS? Miniatures.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. Cool on the cookie sheet. Makes 1 dozen cookies.
What you'll need:
What to do:
1. Roll out ready-made sugar cookie dough and trace your handprint.
2. Cut out and bake.
3. In the center of the cookie put ready-made frosting in the shape of a heart and decorate with M&M'S? Brand Milk Chocolate Can
stalks of celery, and spread peanut butter or cheeze whiz in the groove.
Sprinkle with raisins.
BUG BLOOD or BUG JUICE
Mix a yellow drink (citrus pop or lemonade) with a blue one (kool-aid). You'll end up with a buggy shade of green
· 1 lb hamburger meat
· 1 lb sausage
· 1 onion chopped
· 2 lbs Velveeta
· 1 can Rotel tomatoes (regular or original)
· 1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp garlic powder
Pat's Cinnamon Cake
Mix 1 tsp.
cinnamon; 4 tbl. brown
sugar and 1 cup pecans together for
Wanda's Butter Pecan Cake
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Spray bundt pan with Pam
Sprinkle one-third cup of chopped pecans in bottom of pan
Mix the following ingredients:
1 Butter Pecan cake mix (Betty Crocker)
1 can Pecan/coconut icing
Three-fourth cup of oil
1 cup of water
Cook at 350 degrees for about an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Use same recipe and use chocolate cake mix instead of butter/pecan if you wish.
Angel Lush with Pineapple-Carolyn Wynn
1pkg ( 4serv. size) Jello Vanilla Flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1 can 20 oz Dole Crushed Pineapple in juice, undrained
1 cup thawed cool whip whipped topping
1pkg (10oz) prepared round angel food cake
10 small strawberries
Mix dry pudding mix and pineapple with juice in a medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping
Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers.
Place bottom cake layer cut side up on serving plate. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the pudding mixture onto cake layer. Cover with middle cake layer.
Spread 1 cup of the pudding mixture onto middle cake layer, top with remaining cake layer. Spread with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve makes 10 servings.
WICKY WACKY CAKE
3 cups flour 1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar 2/3 cups Crisco oil (or something like that)
1/2 tsp. salt 2tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
Stir dry ingredients together. Add oil, water and vanilla. Stir until no lumps remain. Pour into ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 in. pan. bake at 350* for 30 or 35 min, or until tooth pick comes out clean. Frost with any chocolate frosting, Cut in squares to serve.
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
· 4 tablespoons butter
· 4 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 cup sliced mushrooms
· 1/2 cup Marsala wine
· 1/4 cup cooking sherry
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
5 c. cooked carrots 1 c. sugar
1 medium onion 1/4 c. vinegar
1 small green pepper 1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 can cream of tomato soup 1 tsp. Worcestershire
1/2 c. salad oil 1 tsp. salt
Drain and cool cooked carrots. Slice onion and pepper in rings. Mix sauce
and pour over carrots. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain and serve. Will
keep in refrigerator for two weeks.
CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE
CROCK POT CHICKEN
(8 oz.) can tomato sauce
Mix tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix, water, mushrooms. Mix in crock pot with chicken. Simmer 4-5 hours.
CROCK POT CHICKEN
de-boned chicken breasts
POT BARBECUED CHICKEN
1 (3 1/2 to 4 lbs.)
Place the ingredients
in a 3 1/2 quart crock pot in the order listed. Stir once. Turn the pot on
the low setting and cook overnight. Remove the meat from the bones and serve
over yellow rice.
LINDA ANN'S DIP
Hot Artichoke Dip (Easy
and good!) 325 oven
TACO BEAN SOUP BY CHARLOTTE
Brown 2 lbs. of meat with onion. Drain fat. In large soup pot, add:
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans with jalapenos
1 can navy or butter beans (even ranch style beans are fine)
1 can corn or hominy
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
4 oz green chilies
1 package dry ranch dressing
1 package taco seasoning mix
Mix all together with the browned meat. If you like it spicier, you can add another package of taco seasoning mix. You can substitute 1 can diced tomatoes with 1 can of Rotel instead of 2 cans of Rotel if you think it might be too spicy. You can use whatever beans your family prefers. No need to add salt or pepper. Add enough water to have as thick or thin, as you prefer. Great served with grated cheese on top. serve with cornbread or crackers. Freezes well.
E-mail Charlotte Jackson