By Barb

Ever so gently, Harm brought his hand to her face, swiping her brow as if to move a stray hair aside. Her gaze never left his eyes.

"I want us to be somewhere else right now," he said, the pain evident in his voice. "Somewhere where it's cooler and we can think of more interesting things than getting out of here alive.

"Sounds like a plan, Sailor," she replied, snapping out of her fog.

Stretching his long legs out, he leaned on his left arm facing her, trying to prove he was still capable of staying conscious. Watching her work on assembling the radio, he fought wave after wave of dizziness, but she could tell.

"You know what I'm going to do when I get outta here?" she asked to keep him talking, know he was struggling to do so.

"What's that?" he slurred.

"Margarita's!" she proclaimed.

Harm's closing eyes snapped right open at that. "What?" he said.

"Virgin for me, of course," she laughed.

"Virgin?" he questioned, his eyes now dancing with a spark of humor.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm not going there with you," she said, leaning toward him with the radio firmly in her hands.

"Why not?" he teased.

"Because you, My Friend, are going to the hospital to be thoroughly checked out," she explained, finishing the connections to the radio.

"You can check me out," he continued with his game.

"I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV," Mac quipped. "Now let's try this sucker," she said, adjusting the dial.

Static was all they heard.

"Well, that's better than nothing!" she exclaimed.

"How do you figure?" he asked, frustrated.

"At least, it is working, now all we have to do is find somebody out there," she said, determined.

"Rose Red to Chameleon. Rose Red to Chameleon, are you there?" she tried,making it sound like standard radio traffic. "Rose Red to anyone, I am looking for Chameleon."

Suddenly, a voice, very faint, and staticky, could be heard.

"Rose Red, where are you?"

Back to Collaborations Continue to Chapter 11

 


© once upon a rose garden 2003
Disclaimer: JAG and its characters are the property of Paramount Pictures, Viacom, CBS, Belisarius Productions, and Donald P. Bellisario. This site is not intended to violate any copyrights they have and is not intended for profit in any way, shape or form. It is meant to be a respectful tribute to the show and its characters and actors.
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1