If These Walls Could Talk

Peeves floated limply in mid-air. Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry was out for the summer and he had no students to annoy. He'd spent the first two weeks of summer terrorizing the house elves. The novelty of that had worn off though. House elves were far too easy to frighten, all he had to do was mention clothing. Maybe he could throw socks at them again. But Filch had locked all the socks away. Stupid Filch-maybe he could make a mess on all the floors. He could tip over the plant pots and spread the dirt on the carpets. Yeah. But Filch was away with Mrs. Norris visiting his mother. No point expending the energy if there was no one to bug. He started doing lazy loop-de-loops in the air, his curly toed shoes brushing dust from the chandalier-hey this was fun, and the dust tickled. He began doing more elaborate twirls, screaming with glee as the dust rained down, tickling him. Soon though he noticed there was no more dust. Disappointed that his amusement was over he went to the next room, and the next, and the next until every room in the whole castle, at least the chandaliers, was sparkling and gleaming. He remembered Filch grumbling about having to clean all the chandaliers before the start of term. Peeves eyed the blanket of dust on the floor below him. If Filch saw that, he'd know the chandaliers were clean and he wouldn't have to clean them himself. Not only would that deprive Peeves of the opportunity to rock Filch's ladder while he was cleaning but, worse, Filch would be grateful-glad even- that Peeves had done his job for him. Not about to let that happen, Peeves zoomed to Filch's broom closet and grabbed the dust-pan and brush. For the next week he cleaned and swept until the floors were gleaming. Emboldened by his own ingenuity and cunning he took the opportunity to destroy all of Filch's cleaning supplies. Now when Filch returned from his mother's he wouldn't be able to clean anything until he got new supplies.

Filch returned from his mother's house in a foul temper, he had three weeks of summer to clean the castle with his ancient useless brooms and brushes. He'd been looking through Caretakers monthly and eyeing the new 'Sweep Away 2000' the enchanted broom that swept by itself. He sighed, he'd never get the new Broom. He unlocked his supply closet and saw the destruction Peeves had done to his brooms and brushes. A scream of rage erupted from him...but then he realized, he wouldn't be able to do any cleaning until he got new supplies....and Professor Dumbledore would be sure to let Filch order anything he wanted from Caretakers monthly. Smiling to himself Filch sat down and helped himself to a brandy. I'll have to write Peeves a thank you note, he thought to himself, chuckling.

Back to Fanfiction



The Shrieking Shack // Snape's Dungeon // The Gallery // The Library
The Library Annex // The Theatre // What's New
The Floo // The Kitchen // The Marauder's Map

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1