The Cat


by Arren



Chapter Three

 

Jess watched the full moon rise up over the distant hills. The higher it got, the lower the temperature got. He wore his fleece-lined coat, but it only covered down to his hips. His legs and feet were freezing and getting colder by the minute. Sitting flat on his bottom didn�t help either. Any movement sent searing pain shooting through his leg, so he avoided moving as much as possible.

 

With the lion between the moon and himself, Jess was able to make out its faint silhouette even though it was at least sixty yards away. He found that if he didn�t look directly at it, he could see its movement in his peripheral vision. When the moon got higher, he wouldn�t even be able to see that.

 

So far the lion had shown no interest in him whatsoever. It had looked back at him a couple of times, or at least scanned the area in his direction, but it made no moves toward him. It was busy with its kill and might possibly work on it for hours. Jess knew that logically, the cat would move off and ignore him, but he couldn�t take the risk that it wouldn�t behave normally. That it would decide it wanted to know what he was and how he tasted. He knew he was in for a long night.



*********************************



Back to
Fanfic Home
Back to
The Cat Home

Chapter Four
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1