I hated the scene at the bar with Harm and the blonde bimbo- so I changed it. Hey- that’s what fanfic is FOR!

 

At the Bar after everyone has arrived--


“Sounds like the guys who did the plumbing in my building.” Harm’s voice had taken on that ‘flirty’ tone Mac had heard him use a thousand times before.

As Caroline went over and began an apparently intimate conversation with Harm, Mac turned to the Admiral, who was watching the same scene.

“I can’t believe that he is such an idiot, Mac.” The Admiral’s tone was sympathetic. His compassionate gaze shifted to meet hers.

Uncomfortable, Mac chose to misunderstand. “Why? She’s attractive, educated…blonde.” The last word came out a little sourly, in spite of her good intentions.

“Because women like that have no depth. There is no mystery, no unwrapping, so to speak. It’s all out there for you to see. I have always preferred dark haired beauties that hide their emotions behind a professional façade. It’s much more fascinating to have to delve into a woman’s personality, to seek the fire behind the shield.” The Admiral's voice took on a sexy tone that she hadn't heard from him before.

What? After all these years, was the Admiral actually flirting with her? She couldn’t think of a thing to say, and just stared at him speechlessly.

The Admiral laughed easily at her expression. “Just wanted to prove I still had it Mac. Relax, I’m not making a move on you.”

Mac decided to pay him back a little. “Well that’s a shame Admiral. I myself have never doubted you still had it. And I have always been attracted to powerful men who hide a softer side. A softer side that creeps out at the most romantic moments.” Mac had a sexy smile when she wanted to use it.

It was the Admiral’s turn to stare at her speechlessly. Then they both burst into laughter, totally forgetting about the rest of the people with them.

“Thank you Admiral. You totally took my mind off my problems.” Mac was still smiling.

AJ glanced over her shoulder and smothered a smirk. “OK Mac, play along with me now,” he whispered.

Puzzled, she gave a short nod of agreement as AJ raised his voice a little for his next statement.

“You know Mac, I’ve been thinking about a change in career track for a while now, maybe transferring to Annapolis to teach or something. Would you have dinner with me tonight to discuss it?” As he spoke again in a rather sexy tone, he reached out and took her hand.

“I’m so sorry Admiral, but Mac and I have plans for tonight.” Harm’s voice sounded in her ear, making her jump and pull her hand away from the Admiral guiltily. She hadn’t heard him come up behind her.

“But Harm…” she started to argue with him, knowing full well they had no plans for the evening together.

“Remember Mac? You helped me with the Culver case. And I’m supposed to take you to Calisto’s for dinner and dancing as a thank you.” His look told her it would be better not to argue with him, but she couldn’t help it.

“But I thought you had plans with Caroline?”

He rolled his eyes at her. “Oh please, why would I bother? I have much more interesting things to do, such as have dinner with you.” His voice took on that sexy ‘come to me’ tone that made her knees wobble.

The Admiral watched the interplay between the two, amused. Gone were the days when Rabb would just sit by and watch as someone made a move on Mac. Well, it was about time. He was glad he got to help.

Mac caught his eye with a mischievous smile. “Thank you for the invitation, Admiral.” Her look told him that she knew exactly what he had been up to. “But I’m afraid I am otherwise engaged. Maybe some other time?”

Some little devil in AJ made him take his next step. He reached over and picked up her hand and brought it to his lips. “I look forward to it, Colonel.”

Harm’s lips tightened as he practically dragged Mac off by the arm, jerking her hand away from AJ.

“Hold on Flyboy, I’m coming. Jeez, what’s gotten into you?” AJ could hear her arguing with Harm as they left.

“There’s a few things we have to settle tonight Mac. I can’t afford to wait any longer. We need to talk.” Harm’s voice was firm as he continued to hurry her along, away from the Admiral.

AJ smiled as he sipped his drink. ‘I can’t believe those two thought they could matchmake. I’m the only one around here that REALLY knows how to get things moving.


The End



Return to Vivienne's Fanfictions


© once upon a rose garden 2003
Disclaimer: JAG and its characters are the property of Paramount Pictures, Viacom, CBS, Belisarius Productions, and Donald P. Bellisario. This site is not intended to violate any copyrights they have and is not intended for profit in any way, shape or form. It is meant to be a respectful tribute to the show and its characters and actors.
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1