Common Core - April 2008
A. Find in the text words which mean the same as:
- be present at
B. Answer these questions
- Who is Ali?
- Why is Johnny coming to Morocco?
- Why did he write the e-mail?
- What do the underlined words in the text refer to?
C. Are these sentences TRUE or FALSE? JUSTIFY
- Johnny is not married.
- Johnny knows much about Morocco.
- Sliman is from Morocco.
A. Put the verbs between brackets in their correct tenses
- Last night, my sister and I (be) at the theatre.
- Next week, we (go) to see a movie at the cinema.
- Salwa (stay) at home last weekend.
- Mr. Johnny (not/read) books. He reads the newspapers.
- She always (carry) a black satchel.
B. What is the question?
- I usually go to bed early.
- Yes, the farmer has got a donkey.
- The teacherís jacket is blue.
C. Put the words between brackets in their correct forms
- The baby is standing on his (foot) .
- The farmer has got seven (donkey) .
D. Choose the right word from the list.
- He has got two cars. (All / Both / Two) of them are expensive.
- The red sea is (between / behind / in front of) Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
E. Put the words between brackets in their correct forms
- A car is (comfortable) a bicycle.
- Our sheep is (fat) yours.
- The dog is (nasty) the cat.
What would you like to be in the future? And why? Write a paragraph.
Check for the answer